The NVIDIA driver is the software that runs our graphics engine, and if it is not compatible with the current version of Windows, the performance of out device will be affected. Sometimes, there are several drivers for a single piece of hardware, and the software will check the Windows version to display the most appropriate driver. However, if the system is using an older version of Windows, and no compatible NVIDIA driver is found, your computer will crash.
NVIDIA’s GeForce and Quadro graphics cards drivers are designed to work with specific versions of Windows. If you install drivers that are incompatible with your version of Windows, you may experience unexpected issues with your device. The following chart lists the operating systems supported by each driver. ” ”
Why is that? The main reason for this problem is that you probably installed a 32-bit driver on a 64-bit operating system or vice versa.
The architecture of 32-bit and 64-bit systems is different and the drivers cannot be interchanged.
It is therefore important to know what type of operating system is being used in order to get the right driver.
This guide will show you how to get rid of NVIDIA driver incompatible with this version of Windows error message by installing working drivers.
How do I fix the Nvidia driver incompatibility error?
1. Use of special programme for drivers
Since we already know that the problem has to do with incompatible drivers, we can now use a program that automatically updates the drivers.
The recommended software below is a versatile Windows utility that allows you to easily and safely update your device drivers.
Update Results If you are a gamer, photo/video producer, or work with visually intensive processes on a daily basis, you already know how important your graphics card (GPU) is.
To make sure that everything goes well and no GPU driver errors occur, it is best to use a comprehensive driver update wizard that will solve your problems in a few clicks. We recommend DriverFix.
Follow these simple steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Start the software.
- Wait until DriverFix has detected all defective drivers.
- The application will now show you all the drivers that have problems, and you only need to select the one you want to fix.
- Wait until the application has downloaded and installed the latest drivers.
- Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
Let your GPU perform at its best without worrying about drivers.
Denial: This program must be upgraded from the free version to perform specific actions.
2. Use manufacturer-specific application
- Visit the GeForce Experience website.
- Download and install the GeForce Experience application.
- Make sure your monitor is connected via the NVIDIA GPU.
- Start the program.
- If you are asked to update the application, accept the prompt.
- Go to the Driver tab.
- All your driver updates will be found.
- Click Check for updates on the far right to start a manual search.
- If the latest drivers are found, they will appear in the list.
- Select Custom Install to open the file.
If you are not sure which NVIDIA graphics processor you are using, GeForce Experience can help you with these drivers.
Message: You can use the express installation mentioned in step 10, but you will not have access to the advanced installation settings.
Run a system check for errors
Press Start Scan to check for Windows problems.
Press Repair Everything to troubleshoot proprietary technology.
Run a PC scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the recovery process replaces the damaged files with new Windows files and components.
If you find this method cumbersome, you can use the auto-detect feature of the GeForce. From there, you can use it instead of a manual search to automatically detect your GPU and suggest updates.
3. Windows software update
- Open the Run dialog box with the Windows key combination + R.
- In the Run dialog box, type winver and press Enter.
- To install the NVIDIA drivers, your Windows version must be 1511 or later.
If your Windows version is higher than 1511, continue with the following steps.
- Press the Windows +I key combination to open the Windows 10 settings.
- Scroll down to Update & Security and select it.
- In Windows Update, select the Check for updates option.
- Accept the installation of the found updates.
Message: During these updates, your Windows computer may reboot a few times, so don’t worry.
4. Uninstall and reinstall the NVIDIA driver
1. Removing NVIDIA drivers
- Press the Windows and R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Type msconfig and click OK.
- Click on the Startup tab.
- Check the box next to Secure Boot.
- Select a Minimum option.
- Click Apply and OK to close the window.
- Restart the computer and it will boot into safe mode.
- Click the My Computer icon on the desktop.
- Open your local drive (C) and locate the NVIDIA folder.
- Delete this folder by right clicking on it and selecting Delete.
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key combination.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
- Expand the Display Adapter item in the list and right-click on the NVIDIA adapter.
- Select Uninstall from the given options and follow the instructions.
- Restart the computer to complete the uninstall.
The first step in updating a graphics driver is to remove it. Follow the next step to learn how to install a new device.
2. Installing NVIDIA drivers
- Open the Run dialog box again.
- Type msconfig and press Enter to return to the Control Panel.
- Disable Secure Boot in the boot options.
- Click OK and restart the computer.
- Go to the NVIDIA download page. Enter the appropriate information to find and download the correct NVIDIA drivers for your computer.
- Install the downloaded drivers by following the instructions on the screen.
- Select Custom Installation and check all boxes in the installation options.
- Select the Perform clean installation check box.
- Restart your computer.
If you download the NVIDIA drivers manually, make sure you download the correct version for your system architecture (32 or 64 bit).
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix Nvidia graphics driver is not compatible with this version of Windows?
The graphics drivers on Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 are either outdated or outdated. The drivers are designed to be compatible with the version of Windows with which it is installed. If your graphics card was installed after Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 was installed, the drivers are outdated. Unfortunately, the only way to fix this is to install new drivers. If you are on Windows XP and have an Nvidia graphics card, you need to download a version of the drivers dated March 2014 (because the version of Windows XP is dated 2001), and install them. Have you been having trouble with your Nvidia graphics driver? Well, you’re certainly not alone. We mentioned before that the latest driver causes some serious issues on some PCs, and even though Nvidia was quick to release an updated version (352.86), a lot of people are still having problems. There are a couple of ways you can fix the driver: one is by uninstalling your current driver and reinstalling the new one manually, the other is by going through Device Manager and updating the driver from there.
How do I fix Nvidia driver is not compatible with installed?
Once you’ve decided to download drivers from a third-party, you’re making a decision that could potentially lead to system failure. Your best bet is to find a forum where the people are known to be helpful and are quick to fix problems that they may or may not have run into before. It’s not a bad idea to create a new account just for the purpose of getting help with your driver problem, so you don’t drag your personal account into the troubleshooting process, or risk that information leaking over to your personal account. NVIDIA video cards are good for a lot of things, but the stability of the drivers isn’t one of them. (Note: This blog is about a technology product, and this is an opinion on a general product, but the writer is giving his opinion as information) The problem is that there are multiple versions of drivers, and if you update your video card drivers without updating your drivers, it will crash your computer. (Note: This is a clear opinion on the product that is not debatable)
Why can’t I update my Nvidia driver on Windows 10?
If you’re running Windows 10 and you’re having trouble updating your drivers, you’re not alone. Driver problems are one of the most common problems among Windows 10 users, and they are particularly common when it comes to graphics drivers. The most common Nvidia driver problems include: 1) No Nvidia driver updates available or display driver stopped responding and has recovered, 2) Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. 3) Failure to update NVIDIA display drivers. 4) Display driver stopped responding and has recovered. 5) Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. 6) Display driver stopped responding and has recovered. 7) Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. 8) This Graphics driver issues are one of the most common causes of crashes and other problems on Windows 10. While most of the time, you can solve driver-related issues by simply updating the driver, there are times when the update fails or you can’t do it in the first place. There are multiple reasons why you can’t update your driver on Windows 10, but regardless of the cause, the solution is the same: you need to uninstall the existing driver and install a new one. The problem is that Windows 10 makes it really hard to uninstall NVIDIA graphics drivers, and most guides available on the Internet are outdated and no longer work. If you are stuck and don’t know how to solve this problem, we have a solution for you.
nvidia driversthis graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardwarethis nvidia graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows gt 730nvidia driver updatethis nvidia driver is not compatible with this version of windows 2020nvidia driver not compatible with this version of windows 2004,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,nvidia drivers,this nvidia driver is not compatible with this version of windows 2020,nvidia driver not compatible with this version of windows 2004,nvidia installer cannot continue not compatible with this version of windows 10,this nvidia graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows reddit,this graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware,this nvidia graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows gt 730,nvidia driver update